AKA MUSIC PTY LTD PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Welcome to AKA Music’s Privacy Notice.
We respect your right to privacy and this notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights when using;
AKA Music Pty Ltd reserves the right to make changes periodically to this Privacy Notice at our sole discretion. Changes to the Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us via
firstname.lastname@example.org AKA Music Pty Ltd
AKA Music Pty Ltd is an Australian Music Company (ABN 31 153 422 809) located at:
AKA Music Pty Ltd
2 Bishop St
Why Do We Collect Personal Data?
There are a number of different reasons for which we may collect and process your personal data, including:
- In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent for example, when you tick a box to receive marketing material from us.
- When collecting your personal data, we’ll endeavour to collect the minimum necessary for us to provide our services.
- In Australia it is require that a person to be 18 years of age when it comes to signing a contract or consenting. if the law says you are still a “minor”, we require your parents/guardians’ consent to directly collect and process your data via online services.
- When you have been presented with an option to agree or disagree with the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information.
- In certain circumstances we will need to collect your person data to meet our contractual obligations to you.
- We will collect this data so that we can make an offer to you to study or to work with us.
- We will use this data to establish a contract that sets out your obligations as a student or employee and our obligations as the provider of the study services or employment to you.
- In specific situations, we collect your personal data as part of undertaking our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and, which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. It might include:
- Staying in touch with ex-students.
- Keeping you informed regarding Company highlights and news
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data for a number of reasons, for example to:
- Prevent fraud
- Meet the needs of immigration authorities
- Comply with Consumer Protection law
When Do We Collect Personal Data?
- When you visit any of our websites, (here we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you complete our online forms.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, comments etc.
- When you book any kind one on one or bootcamp with us.
- When you book to attend an event, workshop or other occasion.
- When you’ve given a third-party permission to share with us the information, they hold about you.
- When you attend a studio or educational facility, which may have CCTV systems operating for the security of both yourself and Staff. These systems may record your image during your visit.
What Do We Collect Personal Data?
- Your contact details such as your:
- Date of birth
- Postal address
- Social media contacts
- Telephone number/s (mobile and landline)
- Your bank account details.
- Previous studies
- Institution/s you have previously studied at
- Most recent study experience
- Enquiries and comments you make in the web pages you visit or when you contact us by email, telephone or in person
- Information gathered by the use of ‘cookies’ in your web browser.
- that help us improve your experience by gathering information about your use of our site via Google Analytics and no personal information is collected.
- Or other cookies set by third party providers such as Twitte, Facebook, YouTube and Google that are activated when you interact with our site.
Why do we use your personal data?
To ensure that we provide you with the information and service you need as part of our legitimate interest to provide you with the optimum service.
If you choose not to share your personal data with us, we might not be able to provide the services you’ve asked for.
- To operate and administer our business to provide you with the best possible service. This is done on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To respond to your queries and requests.
- We may keep a record of communication with you. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service.
- To protect our business and you from fraud and other illegal activities.
- We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- To protect our students, visitors and staff, premises and assets, we operate CCTV systems in some of our colleges, campuses and offices which record images for security. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. This is done on the basis of our legitimate business interests and to help protect you from fraud.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data preferences, to keep you informed by email, web, text, social media and telephone about relevant services and events.
- To protect your vital interests if you become unable to provide consent.
- To hire and manage employees and contractors. We do this as part of our contract with you.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. (For example, updates to this Privacy Notice). These service messages will not include any marketing content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We need to keep you informed as part of complying with our legal obligations.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement if necessary, for example:
- If a court order is presented that requires us to share your personal data with law enforcement agencies or courts of law
How do we look after your personal data?
- We know how much data security matters. We will treat your data with the utmost care and respect and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your personal data is restricted and secure, and sensitive personal data such as health information is secured via password protection and encryption.
- Storage systems for paper copies are secured and access is managed through the Company’s access protocols.
How do we look after your personal data?
- Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will store it safely and only for as long as is necessary for the original purpose for which it was collected or as required by law.
Sharing your personal data?
- We do not share your personal data with third parties unless required to meet legal and regulatory obligations and fulfil our contractual promise to you.
- We will only share your data with third parties in very specific circumstances, for example:
- With your consent, given at the time you supplied your personal data, to us, we may pass that data to a third party for their direct marketing purposes.
- We may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- If we receive a valid request from the police or other law enforcement agency, regulatory or Government authority in your country of origin or elsewhere, we may be required to disclose your personal data
- We may, from time to time, expand, reduce or sell the Company and this may involve the transfer of business entities or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Your Rights over your personal
- in Australia you have the right to:
- Request anonymity and pseudonymity
- Request for information not to be used for marketing purposes
- Access and review personal data we hold about you
- Rectify/Correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
- You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels.
- We will always comply with your request. To action this:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you
- We will then stop any further emails from being sent to you
- Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.